11 March 2011

'Shah Rukh Khan is an institution'


Little did actor Haarsh Nagar know that he will be debuting in a film produced by his idol, Shah Rukh Khan. The new talent, discovered by Red Chilies Entertainment, is all set to make his big debut with Always Kabhi Kabhi that also stars Ali Fazal, Giselle Monteiro and Preetika Chawla.

“Though I come from a background in law, acting has always been on my mind. I completed four acting courses, took dance lessons from Shiamak Davar ane even learnt Korean martial arts — Taekwondo,” says the 21-year-old actor, son of lawyer Bharat Nagar who happens to be the legal adviser to actor Amitabh Bachchan.

Talking about this offer, he says, “I was offered a TV show produced by Yash Raj Films two years ago, but I was keen on films. I happened to meet one of my friends in Mumbai who is into film branding. She asked me to register for the auditions for Always..., which finally became my debut.”

Nagar recalls, “Auditions are usually about monologues and this one too was on the same lines. However, they asked me to enact a scene... like a drunkard. Though I don’t drink or smoke, I pulled it off quite well. That’s how I got the role.”

So, has he had the opportunity to meet his idol yet? “Oh yes, I did! I have grown up watching his movies and never imagined that I will debut in a film produced by his banner. The feeling of meeting your idol on the first day of the shoot is unimaginable. Shah Rukh is an institution, there is so much to learn from him,” he says. So wasn’t he apprehensive being part of a multi-starrer film for a debut? “As long as your role is good, you will be noticed by people,” informs the actor.

Nagar also plays the lead role in a French production, Queen, directed by Arnaud Selignac, that releases this June. “This project came about while I was doing my film course. Since I knew French, it was an advantage. The film dates back to 1700s and is about a French girl falling in love with an Indian boy,” says Nagar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories