19 May 2011

Dada, a lucky charm for KKR

Sourav Ganguly, who at the time wasn't signed up by Pune Warriors, paid a visit to Eden Gardens when Kolkata Knight Riders defeated Kings XI Punjab on April 30. After the game, Shah Rukh Khan said that Ganguly's presence at the ground brought his side luck. "I am so happy that Dada came to see the game. I believe he brought us luck. We hope he comes and watches all our games and we keep winning. I really miss having him around in the team," the KKR owner said.

Less than a month later, KKR are in a must-win situation with their former skipper not watching from the hospitality box, but sporting the opposition's jersey in today's match here at DY Patil Stadium.

When MiD DAY asked coach Dav Whatmore if Ganguly's presence in the opposition would prove 'lucky' for KKR, he said: "Is he a lucky charm? I am not sure. I haven't heard that. We haven't made the final in three years, so I am not sure what the luckiness is."

So, how does Sri Lanka's World Cup-winning coach feel about having Ganguly in the opposition? "It's just a game between Pune and Kolkata. There's nothing else on our minds," said Whatmore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories