19 May 2011

I am nobody until I make you smile: Shahrukh Khan

Shahrukh Khan is often known to make bombastic statements about him being number one in the industry. Most of them, often made in good humour, are misconstrued as arrogance by his detractors. At the music launch of his production Always Kabhi Kabhi, a different side of Shahrukh’s personality came to the fore.

Shahrukh maintained that he’s not someone beyond normal human emotions and stresses.

“The reason I say I am not a star is because I am completely human. I still cry, I still laugh, I crack jokes, I get stressed, I feel disturbed but I think you people love me so much because I could be human,” Shahrukh told reporters at the music launch.

Photo gallery: Shahrukh launches ‘Always Kabhi Kabhi’ music

The superstar added that he gets his sense of worth after entertaining the audience.

“Even though I have this pedestal where I stand which says I am a big star but actually I am nobody till I work hard to make you smile,” the 45-year-old said.

Talking about the film, Shahrukh Khan said it is about pursuing one’s dreams.

“Life has changed so much. But the thing that the film says, follow your dream, I could easily identify with...The film also shows that we should do something that I am willing to do instead of choosing the way where I can lead an easy life,” he added.

Always Kabhi Kabhi stars Zoa Morani, Satyajeet Dubey and Giselle Monteiro. The film is slated to release on June 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories