17 May 2011

Shah Rukh Khan, Yash Chopra Film Will Have Two Female Leads, Music by AR Rahman

Yash Chopra and AR Rahman pose after making the announcement that Rahman will score music for Yash's yet to be titled film headlining Shah Rukh Khan.

Yash Chopra and AR Rahman pose after making the announcement that Rahman will score music for Yash's yet to be titled film headlining Shah Rukh Khan. Photo Credit: YRF

May 17, 2011, (Sawf News) - Yash Chopra's upcoming romance drama headlining Shah Rukh Khan will feature two leading ladies and "lilting melodies" with "world music sensibilities" by Oscar winner AR Rahman.

The female leads are yet to be finalized, according to a press release by producers Yash Raj Film (YRF) on May 17.

"Everyone knows that when I make a movie, Shahrukh will be involved with it. He is like family to YRF and I have always regarded him as one of my own. There will be two leading ladies in my film. Once Adi gives me the final draft of the script, I will finalize the two girls who will be cast along with Shahrukh.""

Back in March there was a report of Katrina Kaif having been finalized as female lead, but YRF have yet to confirm that report.

One might think AR Rahman and Yash Chopra would make strange bedfellows, considering they are both passionate about music but differ in their sensibilities. Apparently, that is precisely the reason why Chopra teamed up with Rahman for the first time.

"I am starting work on the music of my film which is yet untitled with AR Rahman," Chopra said in a press statement.

"And music, as you know is not only very dear to me but also an integral part of my films. I am looking forward to creating some wonderful music combining Rahman's contemporary world music sensibilities and my old world tastes in lilting melodies," he says..

Little else is known about the film, but Chopra's proud reference to his "sensibilities" and "lilting melodies" suggests the film will be vintage Yash Chopra.

Production start date for the film has not been announced, but sources close to YRF have told Sawfnews.com earlier it could be around mid December.

Yash Chopra and Shah Rukh Khan last worked together on the very memorable box office success Veer Zaara (2004), which was also the film that Chopra last directed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories