03 June 2011

Bollywood will help Raj Kiran: Shahrukh Khan

Actor Raj Kiran, who has been missing since many years, has finally been traced to a mental institution in the US. Offers of help have already begun to come from Bollywood.

The film fraternity is doubtlessly shocked after learning that Raj Kiran, who has worked in about a 100 films and was presumed dead after having gone missing, is languishing in an asylum in Atlanta.

Shahrukh Khan says he’s sure the entire film industry is there to help Raj Kiran.

“I don't know the details...but of course we will come together as an industry to help his family and him. These are tough times, and it's not just about economical or monetary help. It actually means to stand by a great talent, and he is still an amazing talent, I'm sure,” Shahrukh Khan told reporters in New Delhi at an event to launch the theatrical trailer of his film Ra.One.

Shahrukh added that he will figure out how to help Raj Kiran once he is back in Mumbai.

“I was really stunned when I heard this. As soon as I reach back Mumbai, I will find out what I can do,” Shahrukh added.

Meanwhile, offers of help have already started pouring from Bollywood. Deepti Naval and Rishi Kapoor, who have been instrumental in finding Raj Kiran, have already said they are willing to get Raj Kiran back to Bollywood and help him build a career again.

South Indian actor Siddharth wrote on his Twitter page: “Sad to hear about Hindi film actor Raj Kiran. He was found in an asylum in Atlanta. I remember always being told that he was dead. Sad.”

Director Ken Ghosh tweeted: “What happened to Raj Kiran reminds me that for every success story in the film industry, there are a million sad stories

No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories