07 June 2011

SRK’s ‘Ra.One’ superior to Hollywood’s superhero films?

Rumors have it that Shahrukh’s 150 crore budget film, ‘Ra.One’ boasts to be better made than some of the Hollywood’s best superhero flicks namely ‘Spiderman’, ‘Batman’, and ‘Iron Man’.

‘Ra.One’ is apparently setting a new benchmark in Bollywood for its incredible technical finesse that matches up to Hollywood standards.

Insiders in the industry have predicted that ‘Ra.One’ will turn out to be commercially profitable, after the release of the film.

Shahrukh, who is passionate about his home production ‘Ra.One’, has done daredevil stunts in the film with total fervor.

Incidentally, SRK, who plays the character of G.One, will not be seen wearing masks to cover his face like Spiderman or Batman.

Recently, when the actor was asked why he chose to make a superhero flick than a sci-fi thriller, Shahrukh stated that he wanted to make a desi version of a superhero flick.

“I think except for a Krrish, the people of India have always looked forward to watching sci-fi thrillers from Hollywood. There is a Superman, Spiderman or an Iron man in the west. So I wanted an Indian superhero. With Ra-One I have taken a chance. It remains to be seen if I will go wrong with this or not,” stated SRK.

SRK wants to do a romantic film
An energetic Shahrukh, who is busy promoting ‘Ra.One’, recently admitted that he is quite keen to do a romantic film.

“There are a few genres that haven’t been explored in our industry, VFX being one of them. Thrillers, horrors and over 40-plus, mature love stories also haven’t been done.

“I have been known as the lover-boy for so many years now, but incidentally, the other day when I was talking to Aditya (Chopra), he asked me, ‘Shah Rukh when was the last time you did a love story?’ and that really got me thinking. Now I want to do a simple, romantic film. In fact, even comedy is on my agenda. If not that, then I am most happy sitting at home and doing ads,” stated SRK.

Shahrukh to experiment with low-budget films
All these years, Shahrukh has always managed to give his best performance in his films, and this was clearly evident in his last blockbuster flick ‘My Name Is Khan’.

The actor, who is always seen in big-budgeted films, has confessed that he is planning to do a low-budget film for audiences from next year.

“Yes, the next one year I want to keep myself reserved for low budget films, which will enable me to devote more time to family. In the last 20 years that I have been working in the industry, I have been able to devote only 6-7 years to my family.

“When my kids grow up and get bored of me, then probably I would have more time to even direct a film. But as of now, I understand that people want to see me on screen,” said King Khan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories