08 September 2011

Karan: I can't wish Salman because he has problem with SRK

Simi Garewal's popular chat show 'India's most desirables' had who's who of Bollywood as guests. This week guest is none other than filmmaker Karan Johar.

When Simi Garewal asked, "Is there such a thing as real friendship in our industry, just tell me truly?" Karan Johar candidly replied, "It's a dinosaur, umm, it's definitely a dying breed because I don't think people have the bandwidth emotionally to sustain friendships in our industry. You cannot have an equal connection with anyone. Somewhere if you play the subservient part you maintain a friendship - there is no such thing as an equal friendship. Two powerful people cannot be friends. There will have to be one of them who takes a back seat ...and that's invariably me, let me tell you. I am friendly with one of the most powerful people in the industry but I am subservient in that relationship. I definitely take a back seat. I become the humble friend and that's how I make it work. It's not going to happen otherwise".


KARAN JOHAR

KARAN JOHAR

On being asked how do you deal with Salman And Shahrukh Khan who don't get along he said, "I have known Salman's family ever since I can remember. So I can't look through him or not acknowledge him or not wish him because he has a problem with Shah Rukh. No, I will have the same level of regard and respect for him. And he was a part of my first film, how can I forget that? So we have the exact same equation that we did before this fallout. I have my individual relationships with everyone".

When Simi Garewal asked, "How is it that we've never heard any link up or any rumor of you ever?" to which karan Johar said, "If I told you very honestly there hasn't been much, you won't believe me. But that's the truth. I don't claim to have led a saintly life. There have been lot of one-sided love stories in my life. I have seen more heart breaks than heart make. I have invariably been in love when I haven't had the same reciprocated emotion at all. Umm I don't choose to talk about my personal life because I believe that I don't want to and I believe my personal life is personal.

When Simi asked," You have often talked as I said about heart breaks, about longing for love?" Karan Johar said, "I have but I am not currently in love, I don't have a relationship right now. I haven't had one for a while. There is also the fact that I don't submit myself completely at all, I always hold back. I am too scared, too worried to fall in love. Too worried to commit to a relationship. Too worried. Period. So ya, it's a sad story. There is a lot of success professionally, there's a lot of failure personally."

Simi further probed and asked "You talk about coming home to an empty house, a sinking feeling when you walk in - it's self induced Karan. You can change the status," he responded, "I know I can. I choose not to. I invariably run after people who have no interest in me. It's very sad. Anyone who finds me attractive, anyone who has interest in me, I'm not interested in them at all. Period. It's as simple as that, and it's always been the case. It's a very sad story Simi it's not really fun and I don't choose to kind of be proud of any of these, I have not been part of any serious relationships, I have no life partner, I don't have a love story to talk about, and I make movies only about human relationships, I'm a living Irony."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories