21 February 2011

Shah Rukh Khan goes size zero

shahrukh khan with daughter Shah Rukh Khan goes size zero

Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan is the first to admit that he’s lost weight. “Yes, I have lost a lot of weight,” he rues. “I need to put some weight on… even the kids (Aryan and Suhana) are thinking I am a 90 pound pushover weakling. I can’t be an under-nourished superhero, can I?” adds the actor, who is currently busy shooting for his sci-fi superhero flick, Ra.One, which also stars Kareena Kapoor and Arjun Rampal, and is scheduled for release next year.

The reason for SRK’s weight loss is, to say the least, strange.

“It’s because I had been wearing a superhero suit for Ra.One. The suit is made of silicon and styrofoam and rubber and, after wearing that suit for eight to nine hours daily, you tend to lose weight.”

Not only did the actor sweat constantly inside the suit, he couldn’t even eat properly during the 40 days that he was supposed to wear it.

“When I was shooting in Mumbai about a month ago, it was very hot even in the air-conditioned studio. It was steaming hot even when we shot in London. So you can imagine my condition inside the suit. I wouldn’t eat, as I had wires all around, and it’s very difficult to have a meal while in the costume.”

But, he hasn’t lost his sense of humour.

“I am marketing that suit for people who want to shed a few kilos,” he says.

However, don’t get too attached to SRK’s lean look.

“Now that I have finished the shoot, Gauri has been feeding me lots of rice and chicken so I put on a few kilos. I will also start working out. My shirts have become loose, but I hope I still look sexy,” he signs off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories