05 July 2011

Raveena keen to sizzle with Shahrukh


She created quite a flutter the industry with her ‘jhatkas and matkas’ and was tagged as the ‘mast-mast’ girl of B-town. However, she was at the peak of her career; when she decided to bid a goodbye to her filmi career and went on to settle down with distributor Anil Thadani. Yes, the glamorous and ever so sensual actress Raveena Tondon is back and her so called 'comeback' vehicle with Amitabh Bachchan ‘Bbuddah Hoga Terra Baap’ is already creating a buzz.

The actress, who graced the Bhaskar office for a chit-chat, was quite happy to talk about her performance in the film and seemed gung-ho about her song 'Chandigarh di Star,' which she had apparently worked very hard on.

Unfortunately, Raveena was left surprised when she learnt that her promotional number was not retained in the final cut. Interestingly, when asked what prompted the actress to play a loud and flamboyant character for her comeback role in ‘Bbuddah...' , Raveena said that it was Mr. Bachchan, who asked her to do it.

“I had no intention of doing ‘Bbuddah.' I received phone calls from both David Dhawan and Ram Gopal Varma. But, it was after Amitabh Bachchan’s call, that I was persuaded to do the role and especially the number."

The versatile actress, who has been missing from the 70 mm screen since 2006, is very much thrilled about her return to the cinema.

When asked if she wished to share screen space with any actor from the industry, pat came her reply, “I have worked with almost all the actors of my period. But I would love to work with Shahrukh Khan again, as all projects with him were shelved off mid-way. Only ‘Zamana Deewana’ could reach the cinemas.

“Rest, I feel that I've had an over-dose of all the actors with whom I have done 6-7 films each. So, it would be great if I get to work opposite Shahrukh some day, added Raveena.

On being asked about her one time hit, on-screen co-star, Govinda, Raveena concluded by saying, “Chichi himself is not doing many movies these days. Though, we have already worked in many films, I am ready to repeat the magic on screen with him, if given a chance."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories