26 June 2011

My kids don’t like all my films: Shah Rukh Khan




Actor Shah Rukh Khan has always maintained that family comes first for him. So, despite a hectic schedule, he makes sure to never skip on spending time with his children, son Aryan and daughter, Suhana.

He insists that they are unaffected by his stardom. "My family are not big fans. My kids have their lives and one of the things that theirfather does is make films. They don't like all my films. They have their own personal favourites, but I feel good when I catch them watching my old films on TV. I have never made them sit down and watch any of my films. I don't watch my films myself,"he says.

Shah Rukh has often said that his next film, Ra.One, which is a superhero film has been made for his kids.

"I make all my films for my children. Chak de India was also for my kids. It is a more emotional gesture than practical one of saying that, 'Ye picture mere bachchon ke liye hai'. I like doing films for kids, films that they can watch.

They like films and they enjoy watching them, not just mine but every other actor's. The only difference probably will be that my son will like Don 2 more than my daughter, while Ra.One will be appreciated by families," he elaborates.

So, which films of his has been approved by his kids? "I think they like Badshah, Duplicate, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Dilwale Dhulaniya Le Jayenge and Chak De India. Among the recent films, they loved Om Shanti Om and found My Name Is Khan a little serious. Now they keep asking about Ra.One.I want my little girl to like it, and have put in enough for girls to like it too," says Shah Rukh.

How would he like his kids to remember him by— a superhero or a super dad? "I am my kid's father before anything else. I can't have them thinking of me as a superhero because right after that Don 2 releases and they may just end up thinking of me as a super villain," quips Shah Rukh.


Source:http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_my-kids-dont-like-all-my-films-shah-rukh-khan_1556686

No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories